Coach Sucks!


In retrospect, perhaps first class wasn't the best idea in the world. Don't get me wrong - the experience was lovely. The only bad thing was that the seat wasn't all that comfortable as far as my back was concerned, but the rest was wonderful to the point that I'm never going to be able to fly coach again. Between the legroom, the lack of shoulder-rubbing with my seat-mate, and the additional ass-room, I'll never go back. Add the little cup of warm nuts and a real glass for my drink, and it's like airborne crack. The food still wasn't great, but I got a warm towel to wash my hands with before I ate, and a lovely cloth napkin to prevent drippage - and my expectations for the food quality weren't all that high anyways.

I finally arrived in Omaha at about 2am - and the rental car counter was closed. After much frustration with Hotwire, I ended up renting a car for the night. I have to go pick up my real rental sometime before 9 tonight, which sucks because at Eppley Field, the rental car pickup and the rental car counter are about a mile away from each other. So, I have to return my current rental, hike into the terminal to rent another vehicle, then hike back out to where the car is and pick it up. Maybe I'll play dumb and just go up to the counter outside and act all pissy if the try and make me go inside. It worked with Budget last week. Heh.

I'm officially NOT looking forward to work for the next 2 weeks. My original project is complete, for the most part, except for one problematic element which I have to deal with in my spare time this week, which probably means 10 to 12 hour days. And I'm a little afraid of the project they're resourcing me on for this two weeks - it's big and ugly, and they just let one of the developers go on Friday because she wasn't getting the job done. I'm a little suspicious that they were counting on me being available longer than I've turned out to be, but that's probably just a little bit of ego rearing it's ugly head. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm going to be able to accomplish in 2 weeks, but we'll see today.

0 comments: