Random thoughts from Omaha


As I sit here in lovely Omaha, Nebraska, here's what I'm thinking:
  • Wow. I can't believe Beth is about to have a baby. It would have been nice to be around while she was going through all of the fun stuff, and the not-so-fun stuff. Not that I would have been around that much, I suppose. I kind of miss Sacramento sometimes.


  • The Nebraska judge's ruling regarding the banning of the word RAPE during a rape trial, which I just heard about on the news this evening, has left me, quite frankly, speechless. I can't even hardly produce a coherent thought on the subject. Makes me wonder what skeleton is in his closet that would prompt such a ruling. The word that keeps coming to mind is... why?


  • I'm glad that I'm not going to have to spend a week in Utah this summer. While I'm sad that I'm not going to be hanging out with the girls and hubby that week, I'm very happy that I'm not going to have to swelter in the heat at the lake for hours on end.


  • Why is it that the people who are supposed to pay me can't get their shit together and do it on time? And when I call to find out what the holdup is, instead of telling me the truth (I'm a big girl, I can handle it) they avoid my calls and don't return my emails. I'm sorry you're not getting paid, but that's SO not my issue. Pay me according to the terms of our contract, you sorry, simple bastards!


  • I don't take enough pictures any more. I have a fancy digital camera, and the last thing I took photos of was the geese on the roof of the neighbor's house.


  • I'm going to Kansas City (Kansas City here I come!) this weekend. I have no idea why I'm going to Kansas City this weekend, except that it isn't Omaha. I'm staying at the Westin, in a Park Suite, though I have no idea what, exactly, that means. I'm hoping for a really big bathtub. My only plans are to see the new Harry Potter movie and lose at least half of my next paycheck at the blackjack tables at Ameristar.


  • I need new shoes. Why do all of my summer shoes smell bad already?


  • When the hell does the next Project Runway start?? Soon???


  • tired

0 comments: