misfortune


018:365@42
Originally uploaded by the*redhead
Here is the rule to remember in the future, When anything tempts you to be bitter: not, "This is a misfortune" but "To bear this worthily is good fortune."
Marcus Aurelius

It's been an evening, let me tell you!

I got home, late, to find the laundry room, hallway, and part of Mad's room flooded because the drain hose for the washer had come out of the thing back there (yeah, yeah - I'm super technical, I know) and water was everywhere. While I was sopping up water, my fingers got closed in the door that I was using to steady myself, so I'm missing some serious skin on a couple of digits in the cuticle area, and my pinkie finger is going to hurt like a sonofabitch in the morning because it took the brunt of the squish dead-center on my nail bed. I screamed, but then felt bad because everyone was thinking I'd been electrocuted or something, because the wicked squeaking noise it made when it got smooshed (due, I'm sure, to the superior gel product covering my natural nail) was kind of ... eerie, really.

It doesn't hurt right now because I'm drunk and don't care very much. It's just sort of throbbing. But I'm sure that that will be different in the morning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you