shower


016:365@42
Originally uploaded by the*redhead
I had a realization this morning while chatting with a friend: I have been so busy making sure everyone else is taken care of and adapting to the new schedule and whatnot that I haven't taken time to make sure I'm ok with the new schedule and changes.

Every day that's gone by, I've felt less and less like I have the luxury to take the time for my photo. The alarm goes off at 4:20, and I don't want to get up (nothing new) so I lay there until 4:50, which leaves me 20 minutes to get out the door if I'm going to make the 6:20 ferry from Bainbridge. I haven't made it one day this week, and have instead been on the 6:20 from Bremerton. Not a bad thing, but I don't get to work until 8, which means I can't leave until 4, which generally means that I don't get on a ferry until 5:45, which translates to home at 7:30 instead of by 6. Time has once again become a fleeting luxury, and I need to get a grip and be more careful with it.

I don't love the drive to Bainbridge in the mornings, but it's not nearly as awful as driving around. I could buy myself some time by driving in in the mornings, but I'm so wound up and irritable by the time I get to the office, that I can't even stand to sit next to me. And there's no guarantee that it will even get me to work that extra half-hour that it's supposed to, due to traffic conditions. I'm imagining that once I'm in a cubicle it will be different. When I have my own space instead of sharing a hotel cube with 4 strangers, and being in the middle of every hallway conversation that goes on in this wing, I'll have some peace and quiet when I arrive, and - most importantly - I will not be immediately available for hounding by people with questions and whatnot. I need a few minutes to get into the swing of the day before the annoying herds jump on my back and start working my last nerve. And just the fact that I have to be in such close, un-walled proximity to people when I first get in makes me all the more irritable.

Alright. I'm done bitching for the moment.

I got a gift certificate to the Olympus Spa (they have a website, but it has no pertinent information or I'd link it and make you jealous) for my birthday from my beloved, and I'm thinking that one of these days real soon I'm going to go and use it after work. I'm supposed to wait for Shell to come up before I use it, but I doubt it's going to last that long. Besides, it's not like I won't go again when she comes up, really. Hee.

0 comments: